In this article, we will be discussing How to install a free SSL certificate on the domain via terminal.
Free SSL Certificate
Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
It is a protocol used for transmitting private documents via the internet, it uses a cryptographic system that uses two keys to encrypt data: a public key known to everyone and a private or secret key known only to the recipient of the message.
Steps to configure the Let’s Encrypt Free SSL certificate in centos7 cheap Linux VPS Server
- Open this URLhttps://certbot.eff.org/ and click on Get certbot instruction options.
2.Now select the software and VPS in which your website is running.
3. Run VPS with SSH and use sudo if you don’t have root privileges.
4.Enable EPEL repository by using the following command:
# yum install -y
- Now after that enable the optional channel by using the following command:
# yum -y install yum-utils
# yum-config-manager –enable rhui-REGION-rhel-server-extras rhui-REGION-rhel-server-optional
- Install certbot by using the following command:
# yum install certbot python2-certbot-apache
- Run this command to get a certificate and have Certbot edit your Apache configuration automatically to serve it, turning on HTTPS access in a single step.
# certbot –apache
- Set up automatic renewal
# echo “0 0,12 * * * root python -c ‘import random; import time;
time.sleep(random.random() * 3600)’ && certbot renew” | sudo tee -a /etc/crontab > /dev/null
- Confirm that certbot worked by clicking on the particular website.
- Enter your domain name and it will show that website is secured or not.
Test your Domain Name
Now after completing the above installation go to any browser and type the Domain Name yourdomain.com in the URL to check the configuration.
CONCLUSION– After the above configuration, you will be able to use a Free SSL certificate from certbot on your domain.
Stay tuned to CloudMinister.